WHAT IS beforeUdig?
beforeUdig is a FREE online service which enables anyone undertaking design or excavation works to obtain information on the location of cables, pipes and other utility assets in and around any proposed dig site, helping to protect themselves and critical utility assets during these works.
In most cases it provides a ‘one stop shop’ for contractors to communicate about their planned activities with utilities and asset owners.
Solutions developed by PelicanCorp since 2001 are at the core of the ‘Before You Dig’ industries in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore and the UK. These solutions drive plan request and plan response processes, helping to protect utility assets and to create safer working conditions for those performing excavation works.
beforeUdig SERVICE AIMS
To assist Contractors to comply with the requirement for any person intending to dig to inform essential infrastructure owners such as gas, electricity and fibre, and obtain asset location plans, prior to the commencement of design or excavation works.
- Simplify the process of requesting plans for a dig site
- Prevent injuries to workers
- Protect utility assets from interruption and preventable damage
- Protect the community from the consequences of utility infrastructure failure
- Provide a single point of request for information on where utility assets are located
WHO SHOULD USE beforeUdig?
Whether you are a home owner wanting to replace a fence, a contractor installing a new cable along a street or working for a council in resurfacing the road, beforeUdig is the best and safest place to start your project.
- Building or designing a new optic fibre network?
- Road restoration works?
- Responding to emergency works such as broken water mains?
- Undertaking scheduled maintenance of an existing underground asset?
- Building a new fence?
- Planning a new subdivision?