Welcome to our 2023 Photo Competition to celebrate Safe Digging Month in New Zealand. We encourage workers in the field to get their cameras out and take some snaps.
01 - 30 NOVEMBER 2023
PRIZE: $200 PREZZIE CARD + YOUR PHOTO WILL BE THE BACKGROUND OF THE BEFOREUDIG LOGIN PAGE FOR A YEAR
Working on an interesting excavation project or found something in the field that caught your eye?
Take a photo!
Enter our Photo Competition page and submit a maximum of 12 entries there. Make sure your photos follow our guidelines.
The best shot will win a $200 Prezzie Card + bragging rights for being able to see your photo every day for a year on your beforeUdig login screen.
Anything within the field of excavation will be accepted. Examples include:
beforeUdig’s Photo Competition celebrates our Safe Digging Month and we want your help to keep promoting Damage Prevention of utility cables and pipes across New Zealand! Enter to win a NZ$200 Prezzie Card and have your work featured in beforeUdig's login page for a year.
Entries close 5pm, Thursday 30 November.
Winner announcement 10am, Friday 8 December.
- Photos must be submitted as JPEG files. They can be portrait or landscape orientation.
- We recommend you leave the format of your image in standard rectangle shape; images will be cropped as required.
- Minimum file size 1MB; maximum file size 10MB
- Borders, watermarks, signatures or other additions will result in images being disqualified.
- The deadline to submit photos is November 30, 2023. Winners will be contacted by December 8, 2023.
- Fill out the form below and submit your photo. If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The competition is open to all amateur photographers resident in New Zealand. Professionals (defined as having earned 20% or more of their income through photography at any time) are barred from entry, as are commissioned images, images used for a commercial purpose, or images entered in other photography competitions.
- Images that are heavily digitally altered will not be accepted as entries.
- Each person can submit a maximum of 12 photographic entries overall, not exceeding five photographic entries per day.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges – this is a blind judging process.
- Full terms and conditions are available here
Our judges have been selected from around our team. They are a mix of construction industry professionals and talented photographers amateurs.